This place is G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S …ooh the Flossy, Flossy!
Hotel Personality: Cautiously Lavish
Folks, you’ll want to pack your best trendy clothes before arriving at this hotel. Although the majority of the people at the hotel are tourists, you wouldn’t know it - everyone looks like they stepped right off the runway. Pulling up at the W, you‘ll notice that even the people that work at the hotel have that "L.A. beauty shine" about him or her.
The rooms were designed in true W fashion with low beds and modern electronic comforts (e.g. iPod docking station and an “any charge” contraption). The key thing that I always worry about when staying at a W is if the room is functional. Surprisingly there was an ample amount of desk space to actually get work done. There is always one thing that I find interesting about the W, and it differs from property to property. That is the bathroom. The bathroom was definitely a key player in the room as part of the shower was all glass allowing those in your room to peer into. Perfect for those who don’t mind putting on a show.
There are several dining options around the property as it is in the heart of Hollywood Boulevard. However, I decided to dine at the W’s Delphine, which was a solid selection, just right off the lobby. The French toast that was certainly nothing to write home about but filled my tummy nonetheless. If you’re not interested in food, please don’t pass up the opportunity to have a drink in the lobby living room and at least pretend you are an L.A. V.I.P.
All right, the W Hollywood is definitely a cool place to hang out and sleep if you are so inclined. I would not suggest this place for families with kids as it’s not that type of hotel. This hotel is perfect for those visiting Los Angeles for the weekend who want to be close to the nightlife. With rates starting around $200, this hotel is a pretty good deal for what it offers (e.g. awesome location and posh L.A. scene).
-Know Before You Go-
- Got a car? Overnight valet parking is $35.00
- Trader Joe’s is a couple of blocks from the hotel (good for getting booze or food)
- Avoid this hotel on New Years Eve! There are always several parties at the hotel, and although the hotel does an excellent job of trying to keep the peace (i.e. guest noise contracts and wristbands), not everything is foolproof
- The rooftop pool is amazing, so bring your swimsuit
- Drai’s (one of L.A.’s hottest clubs) is located on the rooftop of the W Hollywood